The review is to analyze the literature/research through summary, classification, and comparison. A good review does not summarize, it critically evaluates to give a clarity of piece of knowledge.
What is the need for a literature review?
A literature review may be helpful in the following things:
- It compares and contrasts each source with other applicable literature on the topic.
- It evaluates the source of literature.
- It indicates how each source has contributed to the whole body of the knowledge.
- It integrates the discussion.
Purpose of literature review.
The purpose of the literature review is to gain an understanding of the piece of research and its relevance to a particular source. It creates new ways to interpret the specific topic. It provides the foundation of knowledge and identifies the advanced areas of the topic. It also provides a relative need for additional research.
Types and components of literature review.
- Narrative literature review:- It is also referred to as a traditional literature review. It summarizes the body of the literature. The narrative review also talks about the conclusion of the topic and identifies gaps/inconsistencies in a body.
- A systematic literature review requires well-defined advanced work to most other types of reviews. Systematic literature can be divided into two categories: meta-analysis and meta-synthesis.
- Scoping literature review:- As the name suggests, it is used to identify the scope of literature on a certain topic.
- Theoretical literature review pivot on a theory that has been collected in regards to solving an issue, a concept, or a phenomenon.
Components of literature review.
- It contains the objective of the review.
- Overview of the topic under consideration.
- Categorization of sources.
- Discussion of its similarities with another source.
Structure of a literature review.
A literature review should have an introduction, the main body, and a conclusion.
- Introduction:- It should define your topic and provides a context. It also helps to establish the reasons. You should explain the organization in the introduction and include the review’s scope.
- Main body:- Main body should organize the literature based on themes. It should provide the relation between chosen topic and subject area.
- Conclusion:- The conclusion should summarize the important points of the body of the literature. It also should link the research to existing knowledge.
A literature review writer defines the topic and scope of the subject. It analyzes, interprets, and discusses the research and conclusion of the source.