Shockwave Therapy Singapore can be said as a non-surgical and non-invasive method of pain relief and mobility improvement. Shockwave therapy can also be a multidisciplinary device used in orthopedics, physiotherapy, sports medicine, urology, and veterinary medicine.
Its main benefits are fast pain relief and mobility restoration. With this therapy as a non-surgical therapy with no need for painkillers, it is ideal for speeding up recovery and curing various indications causing acute or chronic pain. Shockwave is the acoustic wave that carries high energy to painful spots and musculoskeletal tissues with subacute, subchronic, and chronic conditions. The energy starts regeneration and reparative processes of the bones, tendons, and other soft tissues.
The benefits of using the shockwave therapy are as follows:
- Shockwave therapy can also be a non-invasive treatment that penetrates the body’s skin without requiring surgery. A study of knee osteoarthritis marked a decrease in pain and improved function in knee joints among patients who used shockwave therapy.
- Patients who go through chronic tendinopathy in the shoulder, elbow, and plantar fascia reported no pain six months after treatment.
- Shockwave therapy is also used to treat several chronic conditions and is effective when used with other treatments.
- New blood veins are formed, improving blood supply and oxygenation of the treated area. Faster healing is one result.
- Reversal of persistent inflammation occurs as mast cell activity increases. Mast cells contribute an essential role in wound healing and defense against pathogens.
- Accelerates the creation of collagen, which helps tendon fibers become denser and stiffer, creating a firmer structure.
- Calcium build-up cuts down granular portions of the buildup are removed by the body’s lymphatic system in areas where micro-tears and other trauma to tendons exist.
- Substance P is lowered, and pain is reduced when a neurotransmitter relays pain messages to the central nervous system and inhibits the formation of inflammatory edema.
- While drugs like painkillers help reduce pain, they do not promote the repair of damaged areas. Painkillers are the reasons for several side effects. This therapy has been shown to relieve pain and accelerate recovery without any side effects.
- Shockwave therapy provides a safer alternative to medication and surgery. It doesn’t need any invasive procedures, nor does it involve taking harmful drugs. Instead, it easily supports the body as it heals itself while relieving your pain.
shockwave therapy singapore also brings the cells to life by accelerating the repair process.